We, as a parent, always keep the safety and security of our children our top priority. Especially when our children are still infants and toddlers, they require a lot of attention and care from their parents as they are helpless and don’t know any better.
The first step someone can take to ensure their child’s safety is by getting them a convertible car seat while you travel with them in your car.
Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat – 12 Features of The Booster Car Seat
First, let’s learn more about this particular booster car seat.
1. Weight Recommendation: The weight recommendation for babies for this booster car seat is 22-110 pounds.
2. Height Recommendation: The height recommendation for babies for this booster car seat is 28-57 inches.
3. Material: Polyester is used to make this booster car seat.
4. Harness Type: The booster car seat has a 5-point harness. This 5-point harness has a 50-pound limit. It has an upfront harness adjuster. For a precise, tight fit, the child’s harness may be easily adjusted thanks to the car seat’s front and central access points.
5. Harness Elots: There are four harness slots for 12, 14, 16, and 18-inch heights.
6. Head Pillow: Your little children can rest their heads on the head pillow attached to the booster seat. It is very much adjustable and removable. This plush head pillow offers ample support and comfort for optimal head placement.
7. Buckle Pockets: The small storage compartments on both sides of the seat makes the seat buckles easy to locate.
8. Cup Holder: There are cup holders on both sides of this car seat. You can use these cup holders to store snacks and drinks for your kids. You have to secure the cup holders with screws.
9. Dual Forward-facing Modes: This car seat has two kinds of forward-facing orientation. It can be either be a forward-facing booster with a harness or a belt-positioning booster.
10. Region of Origin: It is made in the United States of America.
11. Battery Requirements: There is no need for any kind of battery.
12. Item Weight: This car seat weighs exactly 9.6 pounds.
How to Install Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat?
There are actually four clearly visible slots at the back of the seat. These slots are there so parents can adjust the straps in regard to how big or small their children are.
If you have a relatively older kid and if the straps are not the slot relevant to their physical features, you can adjust them to a suitable slot. The shoulder belts have to be above the shoulder of the child.
1. Forward-Facing Booster with a Harness
- The booster seat comes with three anchor car hooks. The two hooks are on the side of the booster seat and the third one is on the back of the seat.
- The anchor hook on the sides should be attached to the latches in-between the car seat and the overhead hook goes through the headrest to the back of the car seat. They all connect with latches in the car.
- Firmly connect the car hooks to the latches in the car.
- Tighten the booster seat car hooks by pulling on the buckles.
2. Belt-positioning Booster
- This is mainly for older kids. The booster seat is tied down to the car seat with only the top tether/harness and the seat belt of the car.
- Attach the top tether to the latch on the back of the car seat.
- After that, you will see that the Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat has a hole at the back from where the seat belt will go through. Put the seat belt through that hole and then buckle it in.
- Now to lock the seat belt, what you have to do is to pull the seat belt all the way out slowly and then let go. After letting it go back in, you will hear a clicking sound.
- Now push on the booster car seat and pull the seat belt so that the car seat does not move at the belt level to make sure it is tightly installed.
- The car seat is very affordable.
- It is lightweight with a narrow profile.
- The Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat has undergone testing and received the nod from federal safety regulations.
- Its structural integrity has undergone a side impact test.
- The energy level used in the side impact test is twice as high as the Federal safety standards.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) must be equipped in your automobile.
- You cannot use chemicals or harsh cleansers to clean it.
- The seat pad can only be washed in a machine.
- No part of the child restraint may be greased or cleaned by immersing it in water.
Rules About the Usage
- Regularly inspect and clean the crotch buckle of the restraint for food, liquids, and other debris to ensure proper latching. Place the buckle in a cup of warm water and gently rock it back and forth.
- The harness can be washed with just water and mild soap. Air-dry the harness.
- Be careful that you do not scuff the labels.
- You can wash and dry plastic and metal objects with some mild cleanser, water, and a soft cloth.
- The seat cushion needs to be cleaned individually in ice water on the delicate cycle in the washer. Tumble dry for 10 to 15 minutes at low temperature.
At an affordable price, the Evenflo Maestro booster car seat is a really good option for some families and is also very lightweight and easy to carry. The features of the booster seat make it quite useful.
Like all the other Evenflo car seats, this booster car seat has been tested to ensure your child’s safety. So, you should consider buying the Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat.